No, I’m not talking about the Puppy Chow for Boo and General…
I’m talking about a tasty, sweet snack that is also very easy to make! Who doesn’t like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate with the crunch of some crispy cereal? This is a great snack for movie nights, tailgates (wait until a night or a cooler game) or a treat for the kids after school. The best part – it takes only 20 minutes to make!
Now remember, although it may look like the real puppy chow, we wouldn’t want Boo, General or your dog at home to get ahold of the snack with the chocolate in it! This is a special treat you get to enjoy without having to sit, roll over or give a paw!
PUPPY CHOW RECIPE
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
3 cups powdered sugar
(picture of ingredients)
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock type plastic bag.
6. Add the peanut butter-chocolate cereal mixture to the bag, leaving enough room for the puppy chow to be shaken (you may have to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
7. Give the bag a nice shake, making sure all the pieces are coated.
All you need is a bowl and a sweet tooth! Enjoy!
– Melissa Egan –